dimanche 17 mars 2013

Trekking with kids


Last year, in late 2012, my wife and I decided to do another trek with our 9 years old daughter. I have been thinking about it for a long time wondering what would be a good age to be able to take her with me. I thought something like 12 years old but she has a strong body and an adventurous mind so I couldn’t wait that long and decided to push for it…
It was a really wonderful experience; she loved it and almost never complains despite some very long walking days up and down the Annapurna mountains up to 3800 m high in Mustang area.
Of course we took a lot of days off in the best places like Chomrong, Tatopani or Kagbeni where we stayed 5 days! She made friends with local kids, ride a horse on the way to Muktinath for 6 hours and even eat the famous “dahl baht” (local dish eaten by everybody every day).
6 months later she’s still talking about it and really wants to do it again.
In my sense this is one of the best experience for children, discovering new country, new language, good, people and quite a physical exercise which is something missing in our kids life.
We’ll do it again!
Check our website for details about the next treks: http://www.photography-trekking.asia/


                                      Street dancing for the Diwali festival in Pokhara, Nepal

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire